Registration for Contest Dinner 2022 is tentatively scheduled to open December 2021
Attention Contesters and DXers! Contest-related activities that have previously taken place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel during the Dayton Hamvention(R) are moving to the Hope Hotel beginning in 2022.
In May 2022, official Contesting activities will be at the Hope Hotel, including four nights of the Contest Super Suite, Contest University, The Top Band Dinner, The Contest Dinner and the KC DX Club CW copying competition. There may be additional related events as well.
The Hope Hotel is an excellent facility, well suited for Contesters and DXers. There is plenty of parking and it is located closer to the Hamvention than the downtown Dayton hotels. The Hope Hotel is adjacent to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Guests do not go through the security gate.
We have spent almost two years working on this project and we believe you will enjoy the change of venue.
Room reservations will be taken by the Hope Hotel starting on Tuesday June 8, 2021 at 9 AM EDT. Do not call them before that time. You can get room reservations by phone only. If you try to book on line you will see that there are no rooms for those dates. Every room in the Hope Hotel has been blocked for Contesters and DXers for Hamvention week. Starting Tuesday June 8, 2021 at 9 AM EDT, you can call 937-879-2696 and ask for a reservation in the Contest University 2022 room block. There is no minimum night commitment. The room rate is $143 per night plus tax and that includes a hot buffet breakfast each day of your stay. The room rate is the same for a single queen, two queens or a single king with a pull out.
If you have 2022 reservations at the Crowne Plaza (now the Radisson Hotel Dayton) you can contact the Radisson at (937) 224-0800 to cancel and obtain any refunds. The Radisson is aware of the venue change for our activities.
Please spread the word to all Contest Club reflectors, etc.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday night, May 18, 2022, for the first night of the 2022 Contest Super Suite at the Hope Hotel.
For the Contest Hotel Committee
Main Prize: Icom IC-7610
When & Where:
The Contest dinner will be held on Saturday night, May 16, 2020 at 6:30pm. Cash bar opens at 5:30pm. Located at the Crowne Plaza Hotel (Official Contest Hotel) at 5th and Jefferson Streets (Next to the Downtown Convention Center) Dayton, Ohio in the Presidential Ballroom.
Contest Dinner Highlights:
- Master of Ceremonies: John Dorr, K1AR
- Dinner Speaker: Bryant Rascoll, KG5HVO
- 2020 CQ Contest Hall of Fame Inductions: To Be Announced at the Dinner
- Many contest operators from around the world attend this event. If you enjoy radio contesting, you do not want to miss this Contest Dinner!
- Chicken Marsala or Vegetarian
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Choice of Beverage (Coffee, Hot or Iced Tea)
Ticket Costs & Table Options:
- Purchase 1 Ticket for $42. You will be randomly seated. We will email you a Ticket Confirmation – print this and bring to the dinner, as it will be your ticket.
- Purchase Multiple Tickets for $42 each. Each attendee will be randomly seated. When ordering two or more tickets, we will mail all of them to the mailing address you specify on the order form.
- Purchase an Entire Table for 10 people for $410 All 10 will be seated at your own round table, reserved in your name. Location of your reserved table will be random. We will mail you your 10 tickets via US Mail about two weeks before the dinner. Any multiple tickets purchased after May 1st please bring your receipt to claim your tickets.
- Purchase an Entire Table for 12 people for $492. All 12 will be seated at your own rectangular table, reserved in your name. Location of your reserved table will be random. We will mail you your 12 tickets via US Mail about two weeks before the dinner. Any multiple tickets purchased after May 1st please bring your receipt to claim your tickets.
- Seating is limited. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- See the Get Tickets page to purchase tickets and/or tables via PayPal or Credit Card.
- Sorry, no refunds.